Friday, March 15, 2013

Moral of the Story: Week 1

This is my first week as an unemployed retired woman. It's been a lot of catching up on emails, drinking coffee and reading, and working out. Here are a few things I've learned recently:

1. You should never walk into Target expecting to get only one thing. As the saying goes, "Target is the worst and the best all at once." (I'm not sure that's a real saying, I just made it up...)

2. It's alright to read really bad fiction sometimes just because the cover is pretty. I'm currently reading a book called The Ingredients of Love, which is set in Paris and tells the story of this girl who finds a random book that was written about her and the restaurant she owns. Since I'm thinking about going to Paris this summer, I thought it would be perfect for my current state of mind. It does make me excited, but the writing is...not so good. I don't know if it's the translation or the author, but it is wildly disappointing. That being said, I think reading a badly written novel once in a while is okay. If anything, it makes the next book you read that much better.

3. An all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast can make the world go round.

Maple Fest 2013!

This weekend, I'm hoping to get a dance class in, day drink for St. Patty's Day with friends (hence the need for a dance class), spend time with my parents... and finish my mediocre novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment