Saturday, April 4, 2015

Five Things

Seeing Mombacho Volcano on the drive back from Ometepe.
I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that I went to Nicaragua for three months and made all these new friends from all over the world and had a great time. The internet was terrible and it was really hot, but we drank cold beer, smoothies, and icy Nica libres. My house was filled with lots of vegetarians, and no one ever knew the time. I sometimes felt like my mosquito net would strangle me. I met these adorable Nicaraguan kids and hoped that I could help them in some small way. 
Then I woke up, and it wasn't a dream. Now I'm back in Abilene feeling so grateful for the last three months, and wondering what it is that I'll do next.

Here are five things that made me happy during my last few days in Granada.


My name in Russian. Thanks Beth!

Refrigerator art.

A quiet, slow morning in Casa Libertad.

The most amazing chocolate banana pancakes from Garden Cafe. What a great last meal in Nicaragua! 

No comments:

Post a Comment