Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Paris? Mais Oui!!

Is there nothing more exciting than seeing this in your inbox??



Because that's when it hits and you realize that the trip you've been planning is actually happening. I think I hinted at this before, but I'll be going to Paris for the month of July to attend a writing workshop. EEEEEKKK! Is this real life? I am seriously so pumped. The closer it gets, and every time I book something (apartment, deposit for the school, looking up great places to find vin) the more excited I become. I always get excited about trips and love to travel, but this one feels different. I'm not in college studying abroad, I don't have vacation days that I have to keep track of while I'm away, and I'll be trying to improve a skill that I can hopefully use for a job in the future (I honestly couldn't say that during study abroad...except learning to drink with Spaniards, which is sort of a skill).

After I quit my job, some friends suggested I try something completely different for a few months: a random internship or a job in some obscure city or a writing workshop. That writing workshop stood out to me, since writing has always been something I've enjoyed and something I can do decently. I took one creative writing class in college and loved it, but it was the end of my senior year so I didn't have time to pursue it any further. So this is a great time to start thinking about that again. I started Googling writing workshops in Europe, because let's be honest, I'm obsessed with it over there, and found one that was decently priced (relatively speaking) and in Paris. All signs point to ---> YES. So I applied. They were very prompt in their response and only a few days later I was looking for apartments to rent for the month of July.

I'm in the process of getting it all planned out. If anyone has any places that I absolutely HAVE to visit while I'm there, please let me know. It's been a few years since I was there with these lovely ladies...

After being smitten with our tour guide, outside Musee d'Orsay.

...and I'd love to hear other people's favorites places.

Also, if you have any tips for how to NOT be Liam Neeson's daughter in Taken, that'd be great, too.


1 comment: