Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Encore!

Well, guys, I'm happy to announce that I will be spending another summer in beautiful Paris! After I got back last summer, as is customary in my life, I was already ready to go back to Europe. Although I had a brief stint there before and after Kilimanjaro, it wasn't enough. It is never enough. I applied to be a fellow in the writing program I did last summer, and lo and behold, I got it! I'm not sure if it's because of my awesome writing skills or because they were running low on applicants, but here I find myself: planning another July in the City of Light.

I cannot predict how this summer will change me, inspire me and brighten my spirit, just like it did last year. It will be different; I won't have the amazing friends I made last year, some professors are not coming back, and I won't live in that lovely apartment near Notre Dame, but I know it will be just as scintillating. In the next few months, I look forward to brushing up on my French, polishing my walking shoes (can you polish sandals?), and honing my best tour guide voice.

What happens in Paris, stays in Paris, except when you have a blog and love writing about your experiences. And I can't wait to share them with you all.












We all hated wine. Just look at that table. 

1 comment: