Friday, August 29, 2014

Cinco Cosas aka Five Things Friday

As the seasons change and we are ushered into another fall season, the time is ripe to make some changes in my own life, starting with this little blog. So, yes, I know I'm copying 1 million other blogs by doing a Five Things Friday theme, but honestly, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I'm not sure who started this whole Five Things Friday, (my money is on Cupcakes and Cashmere), but I love the idea. Now, my friends do it, or versions of it, and many other blogs that I follow have adopted this brief summation of their week.

I want to follow their lead not because I want to be like those other bloggers (although, #letsbereal I kinda do), but because noticing five things throughout the week that give me joy is something I should do more of. It shouldn't even be limited to five! I'm hoping this weekly project will remind me to slow down and appreciate the little things that make me smile. So, without further ado, the first edition of my Five Things Friday:

A quiet Monday morning on a porch swing in the country with my journal and a cup of coffee.

Incredible hummus recipe in my aunt's awesome handwriting. We made some. It was divine.

Finding a kitty cat in the most unlikely of places.

Best birthday present from my brother. It reminded me of an incredible trip to Israel and a happy time with my family.

Cleaning my desk off for the first time in about a year. It's so nice to have a designated place to work/not work!


BONUS:

SO glad this isn't happening in Texas.


Have a wonderful long weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment