Friday, September 14, 2012

Moral of the Story: New York wants people to be miserable.

What I learned this week:

1. I could never live in New York. Banning drinks over 16 oz.?? Really?? I get that the state of New York is trying to get people to be healthy, which is always good of course, but it's a slippery slope. I mean, what if the Dept. of Transportation started saying that no one is allowed to drive anymore because there's a chance that you could get in a car wreck and die? Okay, that's extreme, but you get my point. Not only that, but I can drink a 16 oz. beverage in about 5.4 seconds. Not exactly a treat for me.

Now these, on the other hand...
2. When an online site (ahem...Open Sky) tells you it will be 2 weeks until your item ships, just know it will be 3. But I also learned that it is worth the wait.

3. I learned that I DO NOT need this tshirt:


 
But it didn't stop me from seriously considering it for a minute. Which do you like best? Oh, and get a really good laugh while you're browsing.

This weekend I'm off to the lake to watch my dad compete in a "sprint" triathlon. That's where the distances (run, bike and swim) are half as long as the Olympic one. Any distance is already too far for me, so I'll just be cheering him on.


No comments:

Post a Comment