Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye

Despite my holiday-themed posts, I was not feeling very merry and cheerful about the Christmas season this year. You see, my grandfather passed away on Christmas Eve, which, of course, would explain that. It wasn't sudden, he was 90, and he lived a great life..but still. He was an incredible, sweet man who loved his wife and family, his country, his job, and a nice game of dominoes. I'll miss him, but I know he's in heaven talking and chuckling with old friends.



Here are a few things I've learned in the past few weeks: 

1. Buying Christmas presents for your parents is really difficult.

2. At a funeral, you find out how many true friends your family has. You also learn about 45,928,374 ways to respond to "I'm sorry for your loss."

4. Mayans cannot be trusted.

3. My faith in humankind diminished after 20 children were killed by the hand of a crazy person. So much life not yet lived, but God had other plans for them. Also, the beginning of The Voice a few weeks ago was a beautiful tribute to the victims:

Watch it here.

This will be my final post for the year, so I hope you have a wonderful New Years'! (My next post will be less depressing..I promise.)

See you in 2013!


1 comment:

  1. Great post JBT. I have high hopes for 2013 - starting out with Palm Springs in February!

    ReplyDelete