Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Great Expectations

 

I'm always iffy about new year's resolutions. I make them, but with a pretty confident mind that I will break them. Nevertheless, here are some things I'm trying to work on this year:

1. Be nicer to people. This is going to be difficult because I really don't like talking to strangers, and in Texas they always want to talk to you in the grocery store, work bathroom, elevator, gym, and gas station... Maybe I should not have started with this one...

2. Be nicer to myself, and consequently work out at least 3 times a week. Ughhh...

3. Write more. I've been a wildly inconsistent blogger, which I intend to fix. (Although it's sometimes difficult to think of what to write! What topics would you like to hear about? If you say politics there will be throat-punching. Work and play should be separate, people.)

4. Drink less during the week. I really only have maybe a glass of wine or so a night, but that could easily be stopped, and it will make wine on the weekends that much more special. Plus it will hopefully help out with my next one:

5. Go to bed before 11:30pm on week days. It's difficult because, Conan, you are so funny and I need to make sure there's nothing I'm missing in the entertainment business. Well, excluding Honey Boo Boo Child. Girlfriend has mental issues. I'd like to address that in another post (hey! something to write about!).

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list throughout the year, but I think that's a good start.

Do you have any resolutions that are great ideas that I can steal??

6. Don't steal.

P.S... Way to go Downton Abbey, the premiere Sunday night was so amazing! I still love you just as much as when I first started watching. And 7.9 million viewers? I'd say you're off to a nice start this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment