Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mental encouragement for physical activity.

Motivating myself to work out is one of the hardest things ever. Just yesterday, I had a conversation with a friend about how running makes you want to die. Just thinking about running makes me want to cut off an appendage so I will have an excuse not to do it. That's how much I dislike it. But after the work out, do you not feel like a million bucks? It's just a matter of getting to the gym.

I'm fairly certain I'm a member of the best gym. Today is kind of foggy with cooler temperatures, perfect weather for making those excuses to go home after work and do nothing. But not anymore, because this was in my inbox this morning:



So, to the gym I go!!


3 comments:

  1. i love this. i also love that i laughed out loud (again) when you described how we feel about running. now if i can just get someone to send me a letter of encouragement like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just recently started "running" too (though in Caroline terms that means more of a slow trot). I was talked into running a 5k in Houston this weekend called the Dirty Girl Mud Run, so I've had to start trotting so I don't die. At least there will be a cocktail waiting for me at the finish line...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work JB! And think about me when you're running so I can continue to not run yet get skinnier with you :)

    ReplyDelete