Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Nothing more than a breeding ground for tranks, lo-bos, and zipheads."

(If anyone can name what movie this title came from, I'll send you a Starbucks gift card. You also must prove that you didn't just copy and paste it into Google.)

I like Texas Tech. LIKE it. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly love it either. I'm sorry to all my Tech friends (whom I do love with all my heart), because I know everyone that went/goes there thinks the campus is hallowed ground and that they only produce the coolest, most fun, smart Texans in the history of universities or Texas. Even when a Streaker runs onto the field at a football game, they all somehow turn it around into something to brag about. Props to 'em, I guess.

This past Saturday, some guy came onto the field and ran about for a minute while taking his clothes off (not all of them, thank goodness, he had the decency to leave on some light blue work out shorts). Now, I wasn't there, but I heard it was a riot. Thanks to g-chat statuses (not the first time I've said that), I was led to this flickr photo stream of the event.

A couple of things:

1. He's on the field for probably 30 seconds before we even see a reaction from the cops and the cheerleaders standing idly by. It's pretty clear he's illegally on the field. What took them so long?

2. How'd he get his boots off so fast? Don't those things always take at least one person to pull from the heal while you're sitting on the ground trying not to slip too much on the floor?

3. It takes 5 cops to tackle him. And not exactly small cops either. That's impressive, I don't care who you are.

4. Did anyone notice the police officer whose pants ripped right in his behind? (See photo ADW0726 and then look at the next one.) Classic.

Lots of entertainment for the crowd, and I suppose that guy is sort of famous now, or had his 15 minutes anyway. But there are better, classier ways to get on local television or have most of Lubbock talk about you that doesn't require taking your clothes off. I guess I'll never understand streaking, or the wonderful world of the Texas Tech Red Raiders.

In the meantime, let's just watch this scene and laugh:

2 comments:

  1. As rowdy and wonderful as we Red Raiders can be, we can't claim this guy. He wasn't a TTU student.

    http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/crime/2012-10-13/man-arrested-after-streaking-tech-game

    ReplyDelete