Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Moral of the Story: Lessons I learned from "The West Wing"

So I've been busy lately, I know, and I'm sorry. To make up for it, here are some of the things I've learned from one of my favorite shows, The West Wing, about which I could talk for hours on end. Enjoy the little clips, as well.

Josh Lyman, I love you.



1. Never use sarcasm with a room full of reporters, or intimate that there is any sort of secret plan to fight inflation or any other government policy issue.

2. (I hope) there are some politicians who will take responsibility for their actions, the bad as well as the good.

3. You should know whether or not a fireplace actually works before you light a fire in it.

4. Evidently "Mars is next."

5. Never walk into your boss's office angry. (I couldn't find that clip, but it's the one where Sam is about to storm into the Oval Office and Toby stops him.)

Also this: "Yeah Ainsley, I wanted to say hello and to you know…mention ‘a lot of people assumed you were hired because you’re a blonde, republican sex kitten’ and well, they’re obviously wrong. Keep up the good work."-President Bartlet

Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment