Friday, February 8, 2013

Moral of the Story: Patty Berglund Sucks

Remember when I told you about my book troubles a while ago, and was thrilled to start reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen? Right, well, I have about 100 pages left in the book and I wish every character would just put a gun in their mouth. Seriously. It's about 200 pages too long, and I'm starting to have serious doubts about Oprah and her stupid book club. The worst part is that it's been a while since I read a book that I was really really excited about, and it's making me sad. BOOK CLUB, I MISS YOU. Maybe I should start my own?

In other news, this was on the homepage at the Lubbock A-J today, and I didn't hate it.

Heyyyyy Kliffy

So, this weekend I have nothing planned, besides getting ready for a little trip out to SoCal next weekend with some of my DC besties. "Excited" is the most serious understatement of the century. I'm just like the pig from the Geico commercials. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!




I hope you have a beautiful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. HEY! The way you feel about Freedom is how I felt about The Corrections. I am all about the flawed-hero character development, but there wasn't a single likable character. And they were such pathetic adults, it made me feel like they deserved everything that happened. I was mad at the quasi-happy endings.

    That being said, I miss book club too! But here are some awesome books I've read lately to hopefully get you out of your slump:
    This Is How You Lose Her
    The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
    Does This Church Make Me Look Fat?
    The Sense of an Ending

    Ok, good luck getting through the last 100 pages of Franzen. I feel your pain. BookClub4Life

    KATHRYN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome. Thanks Kathryn!! I needed some book recs.

      Delete