Friday, June 21, 2013

Paris Perceptions

Source
This is it, y'all!! I leave next week for Paris! To answer your question: no, I have not started packing yet. Everything I've read has told me not to overpack, to bring fewer things that will work in multiple situations. So I'm going to take that sage advice and pack as little and as practically as possible...that's the goal anyway.

I'm feeling very optimistic and excited about this coming month! I intended to make a to do list, but besides writing beaucoup every day, eating enough crepes and brie to last me a lifetime and shopping for Paris fashions, I really don't know what to expect, and I'm okay with it. It's the uncertainty that makes it exciting.

It's kind of like "Titanic" when Rose got to New York and had no idea what she was going to do because Jack was dead (she couldn't move over 4 inches to let him get on the door with her? Really?!? Still pisses me off) but she knew things were going to be okay and wonderful and her life was going to have purpose and she was going to be happy.

It's exactly like that...

...okay maybe not exactly, since girlfriend also had a 50 carat blue diamond in her pocket which I will most assuredly not have.

The point is that I'm looking forward to embracing the unexpected, and who knows what I will find.

The next time I write I'll be in Paris, and I hope you'll join me here for some adventures.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha Ugh!!! Reminding me about the 4 inches made me pissed off again. Damn you Rose.

    ReplyDelete