Friday, June 28, 2013

Firsts.

We arrived on Wednesday and already this city has stolen my heart.

Not only can I hear the bells of Notre Dame from my apartment, but every single person (save a few at Zara...) has been warm and welcoming. I'm even getting to try out my French!

Today, Mom and I visited Versailles, which is gorgeous. It was my first time at the palace and it was absolutely overwhelming. We followed it up with a visit to the Louis Vuitton store, and stopped to have some wine at Fouquet's, the famous cafe on the Champs-Elysses.

Exploring this town is a wonder in itself, and tonight we ventured over to the Boulevard St. Germain and ate at Le Deux Magots, which I'm fairly certain is where we spent an eventful evening that fateful night almost two years ago (I'm looking at you, Olivia, Beth & Alycyn). The waiters are just as accommodating and sweet.

My dad arrives tomorrow and it will be the three musketeers in Paris...but without the swords or protecting the king.

In the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles.



One of the many wine bars we've visited.

Eating lunch with this in our view. The tree is not impressed.

1 comment: