Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Moral of the Story: I actually have no idea about anything.

1. I'm taking a break from my writing to write this blog post so I can continue to practice writing and be a better writer by writing and writing some more. Writing.

2. You know when you think you know something about a certain subject, but then you start to really study it and realize that you actually knew absolutely nothing about it in the first place? Yeah..that is currently happening.

3. An actual quote from my dad before he and my mom descended into the metro to go to the airport this morning: "You're a writer in Paris. Act like it." The trouble is, I don't really know what it means to be a writer. I know I like to put pen to paper and talk about my feelings, but sometimes that ends up being a written version of what I think a shrink session would be like. It can be really depressing. Good thing we have a class coming up on writing with humor.

4. Our professors are inspirational. Every sentence they say sheds light on a whole new way to think about the craft that I had never considered before. And it's only Day 2...

5. I love living so close to the Shakespeare and Company bookstore. I walk by it every day and it still makes me giddy. Fun Fact: it's the background of my blog :)



Now back to (yep, you guessed it)...more writing. That, and another glass of wine.



1 comment:

  1. I loved this post - so true and so you :)

    All of us struggle with writing, especially on topics out of our "norm." You'll get there though! I am beyond jealous of the class you're taking and the time (and location) you have to polish your skills!

    ReplyDelete