Friday, July 12, 2013

"Whenever Spice Girls' Wannabe starts, the world erupts in rainbows."

So much for writing every single day that I'm in Paris. It's a sign I'm having a blast though, right?

The club downstairs is playing Every Move I Make. As it floats up through my open windows, I find myself smiling. Something about American music here makes me super happy. The other night, we went up to Monmartre to see Sacre Coeur and walk around. We stumbled upon a bar in Pigalle ("oink oink, my good man") and found out later that it was a karaoke bar. Watching foreigners sing American songs is at times painful, but also adorable. My friend Bob sang Where is the Love by Black Eyed Peas and killed it.

This weekend is Fireman's Ball and Bastille Day. Bastille Day, July 14th, is basically their Fourth of July, so we are going to go get some wine, sit by the river and watch a bunch of fireworks light up the night sky. On Saturday night, the Parisian fire stations open up to tourists and students to drink and dance the night away. I'll take pictures and report back.

I wrote my first prose poem last night, so that was interesting, and while I'm not ready to share it quite yet, I will soon. In the meantime, here are some photos from recent adventures.

Louis Vuitton Store. I did make a purchase, it's an adorable little bag that I sent home with my parents.

Place de Vosges 

Dinner at Brasserie Lipp - one of Hemingway's haunts

Daddio and the Torre Eiffel

They're the cutest.

My cute little apartment.

Night time fair 

Louvre

This huge cat was perched in a booth at Cafe Select. 

Graffiti in Monmartre

Sacre Coeur is becoming one of my favorite places in Paris.

View from Sacre Coeur

Shakespeare & Co. has readings every week. They're usually American writers and poets. Love.

1 comment: