Monday, July 29, 2013

Moral of the Story: Last Day in Paris


Today is my last full day in Paris and I'm oh so sad. I can still hear the bells of Notre Dame through my open windows, just like before. But now, they're a familiar friend reminding me that my time here is at an end.

This month has been incredible: hands down one of the best decisions I've made recently. I think and hope I've become a better writer through the classes and workshops, and the friendships I've made are epic. 


Here are a few things (out of many) I've learned since I arrived:

1. There is no such thing as a bedtime before midnight. When you tell yourself that you'll go to bed before midnight in Paris, just go down to the corner bar, get a drink, and stop lying to yourself.

1b. Bring a huge bottle of ibuprofen.

2. A baguette and a wheel of camembert cheese are the perfect amount for each other.

3. Sitting by the Seine with a book might be one of the best things in the entire universe. Just don't fall in.

4. Priorities are important. You cannot visit the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay in one day or you will probably die of exhaustion and what's known as the Too Many Tourists Are Crowding Me Syndrome. PS. I will always choose d'Orsay over the Mona Lisa.


Now, I'm going to go out and get postcards and enjoy my last day. See you on the other side, Paree.


5 comments:

  1. I am so sad for you to leave, as at least part of me felt like I was there with you when reading your posts. Let's promise to go there together one day, ok?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Lanie!!! I wish you could have come to visit while I was here, but we'll definitely make a trip at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I love that you have brought a little bit of Paris to me vicariously and although I really miss you, I am sad for you to leave too. But what a wonderful thing you got to do and be a part of :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Jennabeth! I am so glad you had an amazing time and I am sad you have to leave. But the good news is that I get to see you in SB in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Paris! Love, Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to hear about everything! Loved all of your Paris Posts my friend!

    ReplyDelete