Tuesday, August 20, 2013

25.

It was my birthday yesterday! I always pretend like I hate my birthday for the few days leading up to it, but then the day comes and I love it. Not only do I get to hear from friends from all over that I miss dearly, but I spend time with family and friends that are close by. Also, presents.
Last night, my family and I went to a restaurant in downtown Abilene called Cypress Street Station, and I had a wonderful birthday dinner sipping their delicious house Malbec, eating some steak and their to-die-for chocolate cake.


a rare moment captured.

As a strong supporter of celebrating birthday weeks months, I actually had a few parties... sue me. I knew I wouldn't get to see my brothers for my actual birthday, and that aggression could not stand, man. I wanted to celebrate in Carmel when we were all together!













So I deemed one of our beach fire nights a celebration night. After many groans and accusations of wanting everything to be about me -- mostly true :) -- we had a little beach party, complete with hotdogs roasting on an open fire, plastic cups of wine, and red velvet cupcakes.

My family was there too, I promise.

To continue the celebration at home, I had a party Saturday night, too. I invited some friends over to my house after a few drinks at an Abilene bar that I heard was closing. It was so fun spending time with people I rarely get to see!


One of my BBFLs since playgroup! Love you, Erin!

A friend brought these sweet glasses for me to wear. She said I had to pass them on to someone else. I think it's one of those "pay it forward" things.

Sitting outside in the summer night air, we regaled the past, talked about current times, and "perhapsed" all over our futures. I'm pretty sure I have the best friends and family in the entire world, and even though some are far away in places like DC, NYC, Florida, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Lubbock, I am so happy and grateful they're all in my life.

A happy birthday, indeed. Here's to (at least!) 25 more. 






3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You ALWAYS have an invitation to the party, Beffy. That's a given. So come to Texas right meow!

      Delete
  2. i love my BFFL and im so glad we get to celebrate life together every year :) here's to more celebrating this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete