Friday, August 23, 2013

What did I even do this week?

This week has kind of flown by without my knowing it. It's all of a sudden Friday and I have no idea what I did. Let's see shall we?

A lot of thought goes into my brother's birthday wishes.






1. My birthday was on Monday, so that's one thing. And I know you all read about it in my last post.










And no, mine didn't look this pretty, but
I forgot to take a picture so you're getting this one. Here's the recipe.








2. My mom went to visit my brother in Pensacola, FL, where he's in training currently, so it was just the ol' pops and me this week. I tend to cook much more when my mom's not here. Perhaps I don't feel like I'm invading her turf (the kitchen) as much when she's gone. So I suddenly had an itchin' to make some grub. I made these Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups on Tuesday night, and they were pretty delicious, if I do say so myself.

And then my brother sent me tamales for my birthday, and they were already cooked. I warmed them up, though, and I did a baller job of putting them in the microwave.

3. I found out this morning that Ben Affleck is playing Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. It's bothering me just a little bit that people are saying that he's replacing Christian Bale, because he is not. Christian (1st name basis) said after The Dark Knight Rises that it would be his last movie as Batman. And it was a trilogy, as in three, which there have been. Plus, Christian could never be replaced because he is perfect in every way and Ben Affleck is...well, Ben Affleck. I'm sorry, but did you see The Town? I may have never seen worse acting. Then again, Argo was epic, so who knows how this will turn out...

4. I'm going to my friend's lakehouse tomorrow for the day, and I'm pumped. Yay for soaking up some rays and having fun!

5. When I went on Pinterest to find the Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups picture, I saw a photo of pumpkins and foliage. It reminded me how excited I am for fall! Even though Texas in the fall is a slightly cooler version of summer that leads right into no leaves on trees and brown grass, I always love the changing of seasons and look forward to it every year.


Have a good weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment