Monday, September 23, 2013

Last night at the Emmys

If watching TV were my job, I'd be pretty close to a promotion by now. And last night was the biggest night for all my beloved TV people.

To be perfectly honest, I don't usually care about the Emmy's. They tend to come in 3rd place after the Oscars and the Golden Globes. Last night, however, it was supposed to be a big night for Breaking Bad, my newest TV obsession, as well as other shows that I love like Downton Abbey, Modern Family and Veep. After watching Breaking Bad (did we really think Walt was going to shrivel up and waste away in NH?? No way, Jose) I switched it over to CBS. Here were some of my favorite moments, fashion choices, and singing numbers. Just kidding, all the singing numbers were weird.

1. My favorite part didn't even come until the end. Let's all say it together: Will Ferrell. I love him, and he always seems to do something different and hilarious. Last night he managed to be appropriately funny without a tux and with his three kids by his side. I just can't even. He is a genius.

Source.

2. Fashion -- my favorite on the red carpet was, hands-down, Michelle Dockery. Not only do I love her as Lady Mary, but she looked classy, sophisticated, and stood out among a sea of neutrals with bold colors and that incredible silhouette. Other favorites: Rose Byrne, Kerry Washington, Christina Hendricks, Mindy Kaling, Laura Dern and Linda Cardellini.

Source.

3. a.Winners I loved: Breaking Bad, Anna Gunn, Colbert Report, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and The Voice.

    b. Losers I wanted to win and probably should have because I absolutely know what I'm talking about: Bryan Cranston (duh!); Downton Abbey was surprisingly absent from the list of winners, and I would have loved to see Lady Mary beat Claire Danes; who the hell even is Bobby Cannavale? Aaron Paul should have won supporting actor and I'm going to mourn that loss probably forever; the rest I was either okay with or couldn't care less about.

What did you think? Did you have a favorite look? Favorite winner?

No comments:

Post a Comment