Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

This Labor Day really snuck up on me. I mean, it's already September...what? Although I seriously thought that I had another week until this three-day weekend, I don't dare complain. After a quick trip down to Austin and an even quicker trip to Possum Kingdom Lake with my parents, I came home yesterday to have a little get together at my house. The perfect remedy for yesterday's 100-degree heat were swimming and an ice-cold cocktail that reminded me of Santa Barbara.

The best part was that I got to see a couple of friends who I hardly ever get to see. With some people, it's so easy to pick right back up, even if it's been years. Like time doesn't exist when friendships are rekindled. Today, I am going to brunch with said lovely ladies, and then having a relaxing afternoon of writing and napping... 

Have a wonderful day off!

An over-the-years mini gallery, just because I love them (also, I realize these are all at night, don't judge):




No comments:

Post a Comment