Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I missed Paris Workshop so much that I created my own in Abilene

I realized this morning that I hadn't written anything, besides a blog post here and there, in, like, four freaking weeks. This made me incredibly sad, and I know my professors in Paris would be disappointed. They taught us how to live like writers, and here I am, not putting pen to paper or fingers to keyboard in almost a month. I so cherished my discipline when I first got back, but lost it in the midst of job searching, moving and a propensity to sleep late.

I decided today that, at this point in my life, the only way to stick to a writing routine is to have some accountability. So I started a Meet Up group for writers in Abilene to share their work and get tips from other writers in the community. All levels are welcome, especially beginners, obvi, because that's what I am.

I'm nervous and it's scary because what if no one shows up? But you know what? If that happens, the worst outcome is me sitting in a coffee shop with my laptop, a situation I have been in many times before. (Also because Abilene is safe and no one is going to try to kidnap me, right? Right??!)

So get out there and tell your Abilene friends who love to read, write, and drink coffee!!


PS. Even if you don't like writing and are just really good at editing, that's totally fine and I'll welcome you with open arms.


PPS. I mean, since I was already reminiscing a little bit...

Outdoor writing session in Luxembourg Gardens. *sigh*

And our favorite spot to write inside, Cafe Universel. Also, Amanda clearly loves writing.


1 comment:

  1. I need an all Paris Recap already!!! Please Gentlebeth!

    ReplyDelete