Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Wink and a Nod: The Liebster Award

Last week, my friend and former roommate, Lanie, passed the Liebster Award along to me! My first blogger award!! Although it's just a series of questions that I answer and I don't get a cupcake or a hug or anything, I'm thrilled just the same. It's wonderful to see bloggers passing on the love and enthusiasm for these things, and it encourages me to keep on writing and posting.

So without further ado, below is the q&a that has been passed down all the way to me here at Of a Long Book: 

 1. What’s up?  Seriously, what’s happening right when you type this?
I'm actually in my bed right now...it's my day off and I like to drink coffee in bed for most of the morning while I brainstorm about topics for my blog, plan my next trip, or surf the latest articles on Buzzfeed. 

2. How did you come up with your blog name?
I was moving from Washington, DC back home to Texas about two years ago. My mom was in town helping me pack up everything, and we were driving through Capitol Hill to grab lunch after a long morning full of boxes and packing tape. My dad was on speaker phone, and he was asking how it was going. Feeling sad and emotional about leaving, I said, "it's the end of a chapter, " to which he replied, "of a long book."

3. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Sharing my experiences with my family and friends, and having an outlet where I can express my undying love for Downton Abbey...

4. Least favorite?
Probably a common thing for most bloggers, but coming up with content. I often feel like unless I'm traveling, most of my daily life is pretty boring. So thinking of new ideas can be a challenge.

5. What’s the very first outfit you can remember wearing?
A St. John's Episcopal School uniform. My elementary school had uniforms, and I remember hating the jumper and polo shirt we had to wear for chapel day on Wednesdays. Although now I don't think uniforms are the worst idea, as a seven year old they're not that fun. 

6.  What’s the last makeup product you bought?
I'm really trying to jump on the lipstick bandwagon. Since it just hasn't caught up to me yet, I'm starting with lip gloss and working my way up. I bought this L'Oreal leGloss the other day, and I'm loving it.



7.  Did you have an ‘awkward’ phase growing up?  Describe it!
Ugh, didn't we all? I'm pretty sure mine was middle school, 6th grade in particular. Like I said, I wore uniforms all the way through 5th grade, so when I got to Lincoln Middle School, I had no idea how to dress, what my style was, or how things were supposed to fit me. Luckily, there are very few photos from that era..

8.  What’s your all-time favorite movie?
If you know anything about me, you know that movies are some of my absolute favorite things. When we were little, we didn't play I Spy in the car, we played Movie Quotes. That being said, I have about 4, 973 favorite movies. My top ones, however, are Braveheart, Love Actually, Titanic (yeah, yeah...), Bridget Jones' Diary and Father of the Bride, 1 and 2.

Who could resist his flowing locks? She certainly won't.

9.  What’re you wearing as you type this? (how creepy does that sound, hah) 
Super creepy, but my nighty and a robe. Hey, I said it was my day off! 

10. It’s the weekend, do you go out, or prefer to stay in?  Why?
I'm a big proponent of a mixture of the two. I love it when my weekends involve any or all of the following: grabbing drinks or dinner with friends, catching a movie with my mom, cooking a few meals and reading a book. 

11. What’s your all-time favorite song?
I am loving Fires by David Ramirez. And if you handed me a Mumford and Sons playlist, I'd never not play it. 

Now I'm continuing to spread the love!! I'm passing the Liebster Award on to these amazing women and bloggers: 


Answer these questions on your blog, then pass the award along to your favorite bloggers! 

The Questions
1. What’s up?  Seriously, what’s happening right when you type this?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. What is your favorite part about blogging?
4. Least favorite?
5. What’s the very first outfit you can remember wearing?
6.  What’s the last makeup product you bought?
7.  Did you have an ‘awkward’ phase growing up?  Describe it!
8.  What’s your all-time favorite movie?
9.  What’re you wearing as you type this? (how creepy does that sound, hah)
10. It’s the weekend, do you go out, or prefer to stay in?  Why?
11. What’s your all-time favorite song?


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Loved reading your answers - made me feel like I was getting to spend the day with you :)
    Also... nice comforter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I will give you both a cupcake and hug the next time you come stay with us!

    ReplyDelete