Friday, May 10, 2013

Moral of the Story: The Great Gatsby still takes my breath away.

1. I saw The Great Gatsby today, and oh my goodness. It's everything you've come to expect from Baz Luhrmann. It's is so aesthetically beautiful and romantic and juxtaposes perfectly with the tragedy of a man trying to hold on to a lost hope. Tobey Maguire was such a great choice for Nick Carraway. He plays the wonderful observer grappling with the grand world of Gatsby. And Leo is obvi amazing. I'm so glad they didn't skip over the last, perfect and elusive sentence: "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."



2. I can't wait for a slew of other summer movies -- here's Refinery 29's sick list of a bunch of summer blockbusters that look pretty great.










3. I can't get enough of sandals right now. I got these babies from Target this week, and I'll probably be in them all summer long. 













4. I went to Perini's Steakhouse the other week (GO if you're ever in or around Abilene!) and discovered this new wine called Garbo. It is amazing. If you like any kind of red wine, this is the one for you.





5. Mother's Day is Sunday, and I'm increasingly grateful for the strong and beautiful mothers in my family and in my life, especially my own. Love you, Mama bear!!


1 comment: