Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day and Quantico

This week, my parents and I went up to Quantico, VA to watch my baby brother graduate from the Basic School, the US Marine Corps' six month training program for all Marine officers. I cannot express how proud I am of the Johnson, and can't wait to watch his journey as he goes through flight training, and then his next steps as a Marine.

Yay bubsy!!
Good-lookin' family, if you ask me. 

I envy him in many ways, but especially because he has known since he was about 10 years old what he's wanted to do with his life. What an incredible gift! Lately, I've been struggling with what and how I want to go through life, where to live and what career path I want to take, contemplating each decision and scaling how happy it will make me. My brother (and so many other military members) feels called to serve something greater than himself, and each step brings him closer to fulfilling the path that God has set out for him.

I whole-heartedly admire and appreciate everything our troops do for us. Just one 60 Minutes segment about our guys and gals in the Middle East and I'm a basket case of emotions. I cannot fathom that way of life, and I'm thankful that some Americans would sacrifice so much for our freedom.



I hope you had an amazing Memorial Day weekend, and remember every day what a blessing it is to live in this country.

1 comment: