Friday, May 3, 2013

...Or the sweetness of the grass in Tennessee

This past weekend, I decided very last-minute to go to Knoxville, TN for my cousin's wedding. I had only been to Tennessee once in college to visit a friend at Sewanee. As per usual, I was excited to go to a place I had never been before.

Knoxville is really cool. A college town in every sense of the phrase (the other UT makes Knoxville its home), it has an eclectic downtown area, the beautiful Tennessee river running right through it, and gorgeous greenery that we would only dare to dream of in West Texas.

Most of the time was spent with family, which is always fun, but we did get to explore the city a little bit. The rehearsal dinner was at Calhoun's on the river, evidently sort of an institutional BBQ place, and it was phenomenal. The rest of the weekend was spent traipsing around, succeeding in finding other amazing places to eat (and drink).

Plus, who doesn't love a wedding? Especially when the venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, the band is rockin', and the couple is visibly in love.

All in all, a great weekend, and I'd go back in a heartbeat.


My dad and I loved all the dogs they had...

...which was seven. SEVEN DOGS. I was in Heaven.

Lunch at the Tin Roof, which was less of a lunch place and more of a dive bar. Oh well.
After dancing up a storm at the reception.
Sending them off with some sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment