Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Meals: Taco Pie

A lot of times (about every other day), I will have a hankering for really delicious Mexican food. Though there are some good places in Abilene, both authentic and chain restaurants, I love a good homecooked Mexican dish. This is an easy, delicious recipe that can be whipped up in no time, and satisfies all.

PS. This may be my last Monday Meals for a while. I'm hoping to feature some Nicaraguan dishes in the coming months while I'm there, but I'm not sure how much cooking I'll be doing. In the meantime, I hope you find your own inspiration in the kitchen!




Taco Pie

1 8oz package of refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
1 1 oz package of taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 8 oz container sour cream (original recipe called for a 16oz container, but I don't like a ton of sour cream so I only did half.) 
1 package shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
1 bag crushed tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay crescent dough flat on the bottom of a square cake pan and bake 10-13 minutes.

Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the taco seasoning and black beans and stir together well. When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top, then layer with sour cream and crushed nacho chips, and then top off with the cheese.

Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve and top with salsa or pico de gallo.



No comments:

Post a Comment