Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another One in the Books

It happens once a year, and today is the day. The day when snow comes to Abilene. As I sit by the fire in our living room, watching the flakes blanket the frozen grass outside, I think about the year that has passed, and the new one to come.

2014 was a banner year for me. I climbed a mountain, traveled throughout France for the second summer in a row, watched as two good friends moved back to my hometown, another friend get married, and another get ready to be a mama. I lost a grandparent and fell in the streets of Paris after a big night. I lost a dog, gained a cat, then lost him, too. I huddled around a beach fire in Northern California, and shot my lowest golf score ever (89). There were some stumbles along the way (some literal), but moving forward into the new year, I want to cherish the good and accept the bad. That's part of being in my mid-20s, isn't it? Taking each experience and learning, growing, and believing that I can be a better person, a truer person, in the future.

We've all heard the expression, "life is no dress rehearsal." If I make one resolution, it will be to internalize this sentiment: to be present in every moment. To not worry about making plans or what will come in the future, but rather to be hopefully expectant and enjoy the views along the way.

I have a feeling 2015 is going to be amazing, with a first stop in Central America, and then perhaps a jaunt through Europe in the summer with my cousin. Who knows what will come after or in between? This girl is bolstered for anything. So bring it, 2015, I'm ready for ya.








1 comment:

  1. From my view, you are always “present” - maybe even more so than anyone else I know. Keep up the adventure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete