Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Meals: Parmesan Risotto with Turkey and Mushrooms

I'd never cooked risotto before this weekend. The most I understood about it was that it's a little bit like rice, but seemed much more complicated. This weekend, I planned to make something mouthwatering and savory, and risotto popped into my head. Saturday night, after a long day of work, I strapped on my chef's hat and decided to try out some risotto. The package I bought had all the spices and everything already in it, so all I had to do was boil water and stir a couple times. It's amazing how easy cooking can be. Next time I'd like to try one of these special risottos. But for a relaxing Saturday night, a simple recipe with turkey and mushrooms turned into the satisfying and simple dinner I was hoping for.

Kinda messy, but good.
All you do is saute mushrooms and onions on the stove with garlic, butter and a little dry white wine, cook the turkey in a separate skillet, and add to mushrooms once it is done. Pile on top of the risotto, et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment