Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It was the best of times, it was the... no, actually just the best of times.

A few weeks ago, amid the craziness that would become my life as I moved from Washington, DC to Abilene, TX, I had a thought: What if I started a blog?

Now, yes, undoubtedly, millions of people in our country and around the world have had the same thought. And I'm not that different from many of these bloggers. I love books, movies, quoting those movies, wine, decorating my nonexistent apartment, Pinterest, coffee, Texas, Diet Dr. Peppers as big as my head, traveling. So how can my blog be unique from all those others out there? It's a valid question. One which I can't answer yet.


What I can tell you is I intend to write about what I love, what I'm passionate about, and new loves and passions that I know I'll find in this new chapter of my life. Tag along for the ride.


I just hope I don't have the following "Old School" awkward encounter with a friend now that I'm back:


Frank: A little housewarming gift. To new beginnings.
Mitch: I actually gave this to you for your wedding.
Frank: This model?
Mitch: This exact one.
Frank: I'm sorry, I'm, I'm embarrassed.
Mitch: I hope you like it.
Frank: I Love it... thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so excited you've joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB I'm so excited to read this! Now it feels like you're not so far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND I also love the title!! AND I love when people comment on my blog - even when it's just my Dad. So I will be commenting a lottttt!

    ReplyDelete