Friday, August 24, 2012

To sum up the last 24 years...

My birthday was on Sunday. 24 freakin' years old. "How did this happen?" is what I've been asking myself all week. Since my 24th birthday was flanked by family injuries (not mine), I didn't do that much celebrating. Dinner with parents, dinner with friends, and a few cards made for a relaxing birthday weekend with lots of time for reflection...which can be dangerous.

But this kind of reflection was not dangerous or sad. Quite the contrary, actually, and here's why: after moving back home, I decided to go through my room. As it turns out, twenty-four years of living and accumulating, just, STUFF translates into a solid week of cleaning out, throwing away, and remembering. I found pictures that I hadn't looked at in years, stuffed animals that are way passed their prime, blankets that are a little worse for wear but will never ever be found in the trash can, and even my baby book (thanks, Mom, for writing all that down, the entertainment is incomparable!). 

In any case, my birthday is over, and I can now call myself a year older. Thank you to those who've helped me live 24 amazing years, and I can't wait to see what this year will bring.

In the meantime, I'm loving this song (but not the music video so much):



I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment