Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday: Moral of the Story

When I was little and my grandparents were visiting, my grandmother would always ask me one question after I got home from school: "what'd you learn today?" It may sound like a simple question, but nothing could be harder when all you want to do is go play with your friends. I had to stop and think, what did I learn that day?

True to form, here are a few things I learned this week:

1. Even at 24 years old, I'm totally fine with having my dad call for me when I'm getting jipped.. (In this case, the moving company who still hasn't delivered my things from DC...)


2. I learned that there are a ton of beauty products in the drug store that are the same, if not better, than anything you can find in Neimans or Sephora. Case in point: Maybelline Fit Me powder vs. Sephora Powder


Currently loving this stuff!
Currently cannot be found in Abilene, TX














        3. I also learned, or re-learned, that the incredible stories told this week at the Republican National Convention could only happen in the United States. I love America.

Sen. Marco Rubio

Paul Ryan (Also, have you seen this?)

Mitt and Ann


This long weekend, I'm looking forward to hanging out with my family, eating good food, drinking tasty wine, and tearing up a golf course or two.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! 







1 comment: