Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Meals: Sweet Potato Hash Browns (my version of them, anyway.)

After a trip to the farmer's market Sunday, the kitchen was overflowing with sweet potatoes, onions and squash. I decided to put some of these guys to use and make sweet potato hash browns Sunday morning. I made a version of this recipe, but I had leftover corn on the cob in the fridge, so I sliced the corn off and threw them in the skillet too. After frying a couple eggs, the final product was a delicious homemade brunch that made my quiet Sunday morning that much more enjoyable.

You'll need:
Olive oil
Minced or fresh garlic
3 large sweet potatoes
1 white onion
4 strips uncooked bacon
About 3/4 cup corn (I used the corn from one cob)
1/4 cup water

Dice sweet potatoes and onions. Add olive oil and garlic to skillet and place on medium to high heat. Add the potatoes and onions. While they cook, use kitchen scissors to cut bacon into small pieces, cook on high in separate pan. Once onions are translucent and potatoes are soft, add bacon and corn. Add water and stir for a minute or so. Eat with eggs in any form and feast.










Did you make any delicious dishes this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment