Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day and The Grill

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend, and all the fathers out there were celebrated and loved on. I played in a golf tournament with my dad on Saturday, and we spent Sunday lounging by the pool and drinking margaritas: exactly how I like it. My brother wanted to cook out for dinner, so mom and I followed his directions Sunday afternoon and put the steaks in the marinade while he drove back from San Antonio.




Marinade for four large steaks:
2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite!)
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cups Italian dressing

In the meantime, I watched a few hours of the golf, swam in the pool, and then dad let me try out his faux polo pony. I haven't been on a horse in years, so it was a little awkward.

Especially in a dress...

My brother got home and the cooking began. I'm trying to make this coincide with Monday Meals, but the truth is, I don't know much about grilling out. I've watched a lot, but I can't really tell you much about the process. I guess just...cut into the steaks to know when they're done, and grill the onions until they are soft and see-through. And buy some pre-made garlic bread from United. That's the best money you'll ever spend on food. Ever.

So much focus.

We've hardly ever marinaded and I think a lack of forethought is to blame. But these steaks were so tender and flavorful that I hope I remember to marinade every time from now on. We ate outside as the day slid into night, and the twilight hours were balmy and calm. We drank a great bottle of red and passed out cards and presents to the man of the hour. Dad's are the best, and especially mine.


Those glasses.


I hope you were able to spend some time with the father figures in your life yesterday, or at the very least, showed them how much you love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment