Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Meals: Mom's Spaghetti

Some dishes take you back to your childhood. I remember watching my mom cook spaghetti in the kitchen, wondering how she knew what to do and when to do it. I first tried this recipe in DC, after I asked my mom to send it to me, and it was a disaster. I've learned a lot since that night in my four-foot by three-foot kitchen, and always like making this since it was the first dish I kind of conquered. It was the perfect lazy Sunday afternoon activity yesterday, and I'm looking forward to eating on it all week.

You'll need:
1 pound of ground beef
1 box of spaghetti
1 jar of marinara sauce
1/4th of an onion, chopped
minced garlic
crushed red peppers (optional)
olive oil



Bring water to a boil and add pasta. Stir occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked.

Add olive oil, minced garlic and crushed red peppers (for some spice!) to a skillet over medium to high heat. When the garlic and peppers start to sizzle, add the onions. Stir until the onions are translucent. Add the ground beef to brown. Reduce heat and add the pasta sauce.



Strain the noodles and then add the meet sauce to the spaghetti. Serve and devour!






No comments:

Post a Comment