Monday, June 2, 2014

This weekend.

Sitting at a table at Monk's Coffee Shop in downtown Abilene, I take another sip of my just refilled coffee mug. I know I have to go to work in about an hour, but I feel inspired this Monday morning. Not only did I begin writing about my Kilimanjaro adventure last week, but I had a wonderful weekend of family, friends and golf. 

First wonderful thing: my brother did his solo flight on Friday. So proud of him! 

2nd wonderful thing: I discovered a new yummy recipe. This is also serving as this week's edition of Monday Meals: Mexican lettuce wraps. I got the idea from (where else?) Pinterest, but decided to add taco seasoning to the ground turkey, so it tasted like real tacos, only with romaine lettuce instead of taco shells. I also had no shredded cheese or onions, but I would have added those and I'm sure it would have been even better.


3rd wonderful thing: My cousin's engagement party on Saturday night was gorgeous. The food was delicious, the wine was divine, and I loved getting to dress up, wear heels, sit outside in the warm evening air and see family and friends. 

No one had this fear Saturday night...

4th wonderful thing: We had a blowout party with even more friends to say goodbye to the house I've been living in since October. It was fun to have a party in a house without any furniture. I don't think I've done that since college... Did I mention I'm moving back into my parents' house? I'm feeling okay about it, since I'll be gone the month of July and going...only God knows where after that.

5th wonderful thing: Playing golf with my family on Sunday morning. It was early, the course was empty, the sun wasn't scorching yet, and I played okay for someone who only plays once every few weeks.

My favorite part of playing golf? Being outside and catching glimpses of duckies.

Bonus wonderful thing: A mere 29 days until I'm off to Paris!!


No comments:

Post a Comment