Friday, June 27, 2014

On Packing, Post-Paris, and Grandparents

I leave for Paris on Sunday and my suitcase is empty. In fact, it's still under my bed, and it is probably lonely since I haven't used it in a while. I feel a little unprepared at this point, yet eager to get on that plane again, to see the City of Light again.

My parents and I are going to Carmel pretty much the second I get home at the end of July, and I just registered for a Travel Writing Conference in San Francisco for the week after our stay in Carmel! I've never been to San Francisco, so I'm excited to see it and get some great advice and tips for my writing during the four-day conference. And let's be honest, I'll use any excuse to stay in the cool, 65-degree weather of Northern California while West Texas temps hover around 100 in the middle of August.

This week, I've been preparing for the approaching whirlwind in my life by doing what I do best, eating and visiting my grandparents in Marble Falls. My grandmother took me to all the thrift shops within a 10-mile radius, and she used my visit as reason enough to try out some Pinterest dessert recipes. I didn't complain. Between meals of burgers, creme brulee, grilled cheese and thai food, I enjoyed my time with them, as I always do, and am glad I got to see them before I leave. Here are a few pics from my trip down to Hill Country.


Wine ice cream on the back porch? Don't mind if I do.

Creme brulee for breakfast? Don't mind if I do.


Checking out wine on a Wednesday morning? Don't mind if I do. Granny didn't mind either.




Also, three dogs. Who apparently don't like the camera.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment