Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Meals: BBQ Chicken Salad



As I grow older, salads are more and more appealing. A delicious Cobb, Caesar or Fajita salad are wonderful fallbacks if and when I've reached my sandwich quota for the week. Though I love them now, I'd never made a salad at home that was a full meal. I decided to try this one from Cheerios and Lattes last week after a weekend of very unclean eating. It may not be the healthiest salad in the world, but it satisfied my craving for some greens and tasted amazing. Anything with BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing...sign me up.

Ingredients:

Your favorite lettuce (I used baby spinach)
3 or 4 boneless chicken, cooked and chopped
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 red pepper, diced
Colby Jack shredded cheese
Tortilla strips
Your fave BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs Sauce from Austin)
Ranch or Lite Ranch dressing

Roast corn, red pepper and black beans in skillet. Once the veggies are roasted and warm, toss lettuce, chicken and vegetables in a large bowl. Add tortilla strips and cheese. Drizzle with BBQ sauce. In another bowl, mix 1/3 cup of Ranch with 1/3 of BBQ sauce, then add to salad. Toss and serve.


1 comment:

  1. After filling up Thanksgiving tasties, I am ready for only salad.... will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete