Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I'm Totally Pulling A Sarah McLachlan from those ASPCA Commercials.

Today's post is going to be shameless, but also adorable.



A few weeks ago a little black kitten came into our lives. We first heard it "meow"ing  on the other side of the brick wall that lines our driveway. He was the tiniest little black kitty I'd ever seen. At first, he didn't let us go near him. If I got closer than about 10 feet from him, no matter how softly or slowly I walked, he would BOLT in the other direction. We fed him tuna because he was so. tiny. and we wanted him to grow and be strong. For the time being, though, it seemed as if he'd stay small forever. We named him Little Bit.

He's talking to you.
Eventually, we put his food bowl on the other side of the brick wall. Our side. He came over the wall. Then we brought his food closer to our garage, and he came closer too. Finally, he set up camp in the flower bed near the garage and now we take turns feeding him. He's grown and has graduated to actual cat food. He still doesn't like us to pick him up, but we've been able to pet him some. This morning, I pet him while he ate. The thing is, I think he's starved for love and affection.


I wish Bit could stay with us forever, but my mother says no (yes, I am 26 years of age. Shut up). And everyone knows the old adage, "when Mama ain't happy, you can't keep stray kitties." 

So here is my plea: will someone please think about adopting this sweet kitty? Though he seems to love it when we do pet him, I fear he's suffering from trauma of being separated from his mother, and also of being harassed by the other big cats that hang around our yard and our next door neighbor's. He needs a home where people will let him be, but also love him.

I'm sorry to use this platform for some CATfishing (haha, get it?), but please let me know if you or someone you know would want him. If not, it's totally fine. We'll just keep pretending like he hasn't already settled into our hearts and our flower bed.

PS. Little Bit might be a girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment