Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Meals (or Snacks)

Almonds are one of my favorite healthy snacks. I grab a handful while I'm cooking dinner or sipping a glass of wine at happy hour. I'll happily eat them plain, but a friend in Paris introduced me to the brilliant idea of roasting them. I haven't done it since I've been home, but decided to try it today. It's a simple process that really enhances the flavor. Try it. I promise you won't regret it.


Ingredients:
Whole almonds
Sea Salt, finely ground
Tablespoon of olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over almonds, sprinkle some salt and stir, coating them in the oil and salt. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle a little more salt to taste, let cool and serve.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious!! I will have to try :)

    ReplyDelete